SportsPro APAC 2022 united leading voices from across the Asia-Pacific region, uncovering how each of the localised regions is approaching their business strategies and the fundamentals of expansion into APAC.
2023 featured sessions will be announced soon.
Keynote - Revitalising the Commonwealth Games Federation
As a Commonwealth Games medallist and an Olympian, Katie has a wealth of experience as both an athlete and sports administrator.
Talking points from Katie’s session include:
- Was the recent Commonwealth Games deemed a success?
- What’s their vision for the 2026 Commonwealth Games in Australia?
- What commercial and media strategies are planned for the tournament?
- How do they plan to bring in new fans across the APAC region?
CEO, Commonwealth Games Federation
Keynote - Inside Disney Star's strategy for the Indian sports market
Sanjog Gupta leads the Sports business for Star and Disney India. He is responsible for the business, product (programming & production), marketing, and strategy for the Sports network.
Talking points from Sanjog’s session include:
- What’s the secret to running India’s biggest pay-TV sports network?
- Why is there more to the local market than cricket?
- How does the Disney Star strategy live within the wider sports network across Disney Star India?
Head of Sports, Disney Star India
Keynote - Diversifying DAZN Japan through digital
Manabu Yamada joined DAZN in September 2021 as EVP, becoming the first Japanese business leader for DAZN Japan.
Talking points from Manabu’s session include:
- How does DAZN Japan’s offering differ to DAZN’s offering in other markets?
- How will the consumer shift from traditional TV to OTT influence sports broadcasting moving forward?
- Which digital assets will increase fan engagement and the Web 3.0 opportunity for sports broadcasters?
- What impact will DAZN Japan x Mixi’s NFT partnership have on the Japanese marketplace?
EVP, DAZN Japan
Keynote - Leadership with purpose: expanding into China
As CEO of Endeavor China, Sum oversees business across all divisions, including IMG Media and Events, IMG Licensing, WME & IMG agency business, 160over90, and the newly acquired digital agency Mailman.
Talking points from Sum’s session include:
- How do Endeavor China balance between physical and digital activations?
- How has leading collaborations with other subsidiaries levelled up their presence in sports and entertainment?
- What can fans expect as they begin to return to live events?
- What’s does the future hold for the sponsorship sector?
CEO, Endeavor China
* Featured sessions are subject to change.