Taking place on 14 – 15 September 2022, SportsPro APAC unites leading voices from across the Asia-Pacific region, uncovering how each of the localised regions is approaching their business strategies and the fundamentals of expansion into APAC. Speakers and session subject to change.
Explore our newly confirmed keynote sessions and stayed tuned for more exciting developments in the upcoming weeks.
Keynote - Revitalising the Commonwealth Games Federation
As a Commonwealth Games medallist and an Olympian, Katie has a wealth of experience as both an athlete and sports administrator.
Talking points from Katie’s session include:
- Was the recent Commonwealth Games deemed a success?
- What’s their vision for the 2026 Commonwealth Games in Australia?
- What commercial and media strategies are planned for the tournament?
- How do they plan to bring in new fans across the APAC region?
CEO, Commonwealth Games Federation
Keynote - Inside Disney Star's strategy for the Indian sports market
Sanjog Gupta leads the Sports business for Star and Disney India. He is responsible for the business, product (programming & production), marketing, and strategy for the Sports network.
Talking points from Sanjog’s session include:
- What’s the secret to running India’s biggest pay-TV sports network?
- Why is there more to the local market than cricket?
- How does the Disney Star strategy live within the wider sports network across Disney Star India?
Head of Sports, Disney Star India
Keynote - Diversifying DAZN Japan through digital
Manabu Yamada joined DAZN in September 2021 as EVP, becoming the first Japanese business leader for DAZN Japan.
Talking points from Manabu’s session include:
- How does DAZN Japan’s offering differ to DAZN’s offering in other markets?
- How will the consumer shift from traditional TV to OTT influence sports broadcasting moving forward?
- Which digital assets will increase fan engagement and the Web 3.0 opportunity for sports broadcasters?
- What impact will DAZN Japan x Mixi’s NFT partnership have on the Japanese marketplace?
EVP, DAZN Japan
Keynote - Leadership with purpose: expanding into China
As CEO of Endeavor China, Sum oversees business across all divisions, including IMG Media and Events, IMG Licensing, WME & IMG agency business, 160over90, and the newly acquired digital agency Mailman.
Talking points from Sum’s session include:
- How do Endeavor China balance between physical and digital activations?
- How has leading collaborations with other subsidiaries levelled up their presence in sports and entertainment?
- What can fans expect as they begin to return to live events?
- What’s does the future hold for the sponsorship sector?
CEO, Endeavor China
* Featured sessions are subject to change.